VMware Communities
Robert333
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can no longer drag and drop into the Virtual Desktop from the Host Desktop

Hello,

I have VMware Player 3.1.5, installed to Windows 7 Starter, SP1.

I realisee that this is an old version of the VMware Player, but would appreciate help.

(I had to choose this version of VMware Player in order to install Win98SE - later versions of VMware Player do not support this Guest OS. The Win98SE is for the purpose of running some old, but still useful, applications that do not run in the Host operating system Windows 7.)

I can no longer "drag and drop" files / folders into the Virtual Desktop, from the Host Desktop.

I can still do it the other way round.

Until recently, "drag and drop" between the VM installed Guest operating system Desktop and the host real Desktop, worked fine.

This Win98SE guest operating system does not support / is not supported for, the alternative Import method, of using Shared folders.

The antivirus installed to the Host operating system is Avast and I always disable it when using the VM.

When I try to "drag and drop" from the Host system to the Guest VM, there is no error message, but the "read-only" pointer symbol appears (a circle with two "diameter" lines in it) instead of the usual pointer's "dragging file" symbol, and NO transfer takes place.

I have tried "dragging and dropping": a folder, a simple .txt format file, and a Microsoft Word file.

I have no restore points available dated prior to August 7, 2016, the date when the VM's Import function last worked.

The following is what I have tried to do to resolve the issue:

Rebooting.

("VMware Player 3.1.5" does not run in Safe Mode.)

Used "MSCONFIG" with minimum 'Startup' items Enabled (but including "VMWare Workstation" enabled).

Carried out a "Repair" of "VMware Player 3.1.5" (which can only be done from its original installer file).

Within "VMWare Player", carried out a "Repair" of its VM Tools".

It detects a new version of VM Tools but is unable to install it.

VM Tools are installed.

Individually uninstalled all but one, of the Windows Security and Non-Security Updates that have been installed till now since August 7, 2016 (which was the date when the Import function of VMWare Player was last used successfully), testing VMWare Player's Import function after each individual Windows Update uninstall.

(Did NOT test the following Windows Update types (installed since August 7, 2016 - see above):

.NET Framework Updates,

Microsoft Office Updates,

and one Silverlight Update.)

I also replaced the VM folder with a Backup made prior to the issue.

I dIsabled both Avast Antivirus and Comodo Firewall, and then tested the VM's Import function.

I uninstalled the VMware Player, and then reinstalled it.

I uninstalled Avast antivirus, then used the Avast Clean Tool to ensure complete removal, and then tested the VM's Import function.

All the above changes were reversed using System Restore.

Then I replaced the Backup VM I had tried, with the version I had been using when the Import function had failed.

I then found that the Import function worked :smileyalert:, but because there was no logical reason why it should have been "repaired" - since in effect, NO changes had been made since it failed, I suspected correctly that this "miracle" would be temporary. Therefore I rebooted the computer and tested the VM's Import function again, when (of course) it did NOT work.

I have no idea why it failed, nor why it worked just temporarily, and it is NOT working now.

I would appreciate help in restoring the VM's Import ("drag and drop") function.

Regards,

Robert333

I want to edit my first message, to show here what was the solution (I had omitted to mention that I had started elevating the application with "Run as administrator"). Be warned that this applies to any application to which you wish to "drag and drop" ! :

* * * * EDIT STARTS TO SHOW WHAT WAS THE SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUE: * * * *

QUOTE FROM:

WILA. 06-Nov-2016 03:55:

File drag and drop functionality only works when both source as well as target are running under the same user account.

So if you start VMPlayer via "run as administrator" then you cannot drag and drop files anymore.

This is by design and is an active security measure of how Windows works. (see also: windows 7 - Drag and Drop File into Application under run as administrator - Super User)

* * * * END OF EDIT TO SHOW WHAT WAS THE SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUE * * * *

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Finally some progress at last.

Note one thing.. (which might or might not be relevant)

File drag and drop functionality only works when both source as well as target are running under the same user account.

So if you start VMPlayer via "run as administrator" then you cannot drag and drop files anymore.

This is by design and is an active security measure of how Windows works. (see also: windows 7 - Drag and Drop File into Application under run as administrator - Super User)

Sorry never even considered this might be your root cause.

On the USB issue, you need windows 98 to be able to recognize the USB bus device in order to get it to recognize any USB device.

If you right click on the device not being recognized can you get the USB device ID?

Have you re-installed vmware tools?

Did you upgrade the virtual hardware?

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
33 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

These type of issues are almost always due to a broken VMware Tools install.

Do not try a repair install from within the Guest OS as it likely will not fix this, unfortunately the "Reinstall VMware Tools" from the drop down menu also falls in that same category.

You really need the guest OS to reboot inbetween uninstall and install to make sure that all the files from VMware Tools are in the correct locations and of the correct version.

In short follow these steps:

• Uninstall VMware Tools
  • Reboot guest OS
  • Install VMware Tools
  • Reboot guest OS.

A bit of a longer description is: 

• In the guest Windows operating system, go to Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Select VMware Tools -> Uninstall

Follow the steps from the installer to completely uninstall VMware Tools

• Reboot the guest OS.
  • Then from the Virtual Machine menu select "Install VMware Tools"

If no installer appears, go to the DVD-rom within windows and click "setup" (for 32 bits windows) or "setup64" (for 64 bits windows)

Once you see an installer, click "Next" until Finish, keep the defaults.

• Reboot the guest when done installing (it will ask by itself to reboot)

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
0 Kudos
Robert333
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Wila,

Thank you for your response.

I uninstalled VM Tools as you mentioned, but when the guest operating system rebooted, it commenced re-building a "Driver Database" but could neither find a normal Graphics driver, nor any installer for one. Then upon loading the Desktop, although there appeared to be nothing wrong with the graphics, the guest System now worked much slower than previously.

As advised, I then tried to reinstall VMware Tools: ("... from the Virtual Machine menu select "Install VMware Tools"..."),

but no installation took place and the following message was displayed:

"Make sure that you are logged in to the guest operating system. If you do not see VMware Tools installing, click Start > Run in your virtual machine and enter D:\setup.exe (where 😧 is your virtual CD-ROM drive)."

However, when I tried to do what the message said, no such file or location was found.

(I had already unsuccessfully sought to find the "DVD-rom (or CD-rom) within windows" that you mentioned, but I went ahead with the uninstall anyway because the VM is all-but useless without the ability to Import files and folders from the Host system.

I have also tried searching for the VM Tools CD/DVD using "Find" in the guest Win98's Windows Explorer,

and using the parameter: " *.iso " (star, dot, iso), but no ISO image was found.)

When I tried again to install the VM Tools from the Virtual Machine menu, the following new message was displayed:

"The VMWare Tools installation image for this guest operating system is not accessible. If you are currently downloading VMware Tools, please wait for the download to finish."

No installation took place.

I then shut down the VM and tried to use the Host's System Restore to restore the VM back to prior the uninstall, but despite VMs being stored on the System drive, (drive C:), the Restore Point used being prior to the uninstall, and also the restore being reported as "successful", the Restore did NOT put back the VM to prior the uninstall.

I have however successfully restored the VM to prior the uninstall of its VM Tools, by replacing the VM with a recent backup !

What I find strange is that although restoring a recent backup of the VM resolved the consequences of uninstalling VM Tools, when (as mentioned in my first message) I restored a much earlier backup of the VM, that did NOT resolve the failure of the VM Tools Import function.

I would appreciate a solution to the failure of the VM's Import ("drag and drop") function.

Regards,

Robert

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Robert,

"Make sure that you are logged in to the guest operating system. If you do not see VMware Tools installing, click Start > Run in your virtual machine and enter D:\setup.exe (where 😧 is your virtual CD-ROM drive)."

However, when I tried to do what the message said, no such file or location was found.

Does your VM have a virtual CD-ROM / DVD-Rom drive configured to it?

As without that you would have a problem installing VMware Tools and see such a problem.

If it does have a CD-Rom then you can always navigate manually to the location where the windows.iso file is located and set your virtual CDrom to connect to the CDrom image manually.

Actually for Windows 98 the filename is probably WinPre2k.iso (sorry don't have such an old player installed as yours anymore so perhaps the name is slightly different)

The iso files with the VMware Tools installers should be located somewhere under your VMware programs folder.

If you can't find the iso image, then you can download it for your version of player here:

CDS Repository VMware Player

You might have to execute/unpack the image from the download before you can use it.

--

Wil

0 Kudos
Robert333
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Wila,

Thank you for your reply:

You wrote:

"Does your VM have a virtual CD-ROM / DVD-Rom drive configured to it?"

Yes, it does now!

You also wrote:

"If it does have a CD-Rom then you can always navigate manually to the location where the windows.iso file is located and set your virtual CDrom to connect to the CDrom image manually."

There is no "windows.iso" file on either the host or guest systems.

I downloaded both:

"tools-winPre2k-8.4.8.exe.tar"

and also:

"tools-windows-8.4.8.exe.tar".

I extracted those zip.tar files. Of each set of the extracted files, I made ISOs, called respectively:

"tools-winPre2k-8_4_8_exe.iso"

and

"tools-windows-8_4_8.iso". 

I also made an ISO of all the latter files and their folders, and then burned it to a DVD.

I copied the all folders in question from the DVD to the VM.

ISO files within the guest operating system display in Windows Explorer as unrecognised files!

(I installed Nero Burning ROM v. 6 to the guest operating system, but this did not cause ISO files to be recognised although they can be set to be opened by default, by Nero.)

I then shut down the VM and made a backup of it.

I then reloaded the VM, uninstalled "VM Tools" from

Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs,

and rebooted.

Either the VM or its Mouse now worked much slower than previously.

I did:

At the top of the VM window, went:

Virtual Machine > Install VMware Tools...

I navigated to the extracted executable file: "tools-winPre2k-8.4.8.exe" but it does not recognise it.

I also tried navigating to the ISO that I had made of the extracted files, but with the same result.

I also doing the latter with the other executable file: "tools-windows-8.4.8.exe", but with the same results.

Tried seeing what the above executable files would do when double-clicking them within the VM guest:

The following two error messages were generated when I clicked the executuable file called:

"tools-winPre2k-8.4.8.exe",

(Similar messages were generated when I tried the same with the other file: "tools-windows-8.4.8.exe".)

First error message:

"Error Starting Program

The TOOLS-WINPRE2k-8.4.8.EXE file is linked to missing export KERNEL32.DLL:SetFilePointerEx."

Second error message:

"A device attached to the system is not functioning."

I tried pasting the file "tools-winPre2k-8_4_8_exe.iso" to the guest operating system's "VMware Player" folder at:

C:\Program Files > VMware > VMware Player.

Then tried the VM Tools > Reinstall VM Tools again, which resulted in the usual message:

In the HOST operating system Windows 7, I double-clicked: "tools-winPre2k-8.4.8.exe", which generated: "winPre2k.iso" and placed it at: C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Player.

At no stage have I seen from these downloaded executable files, any file called: "Setup.exe", nor any file called "windows.iso".

I restored the VM backup made: after the above downloaded executables had been stored on it, but before uninstalling the "VM Tools".

I would appreciate any further solution, or indeed correction to what I have tried to do.

Regards,

Robert.

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The downloaded tools exe files are self-extracting zip files which CONTAIN the ISO images for the tools installations.

0 Kudos
Robert333
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello RDPetruska,

Thanks for your response.

As I put in my previous message:

- - - -

Tried seeing what the above executable files would do when double-clicking them within the VM guest:

The following two error messages were generated when I clicked the executuable file called:

"tools-winPre2k-8.4.8.exe",

(Similar messages were generated when I tried the same with the other file: "tools-windows-8.4.8.exe".)

First error message:

"Error Starting Program

The TOOLS-WINPRE2k-8.4.8.EXE file is linked to missing export KERNEL32.DLL:SetFilePointerEx."

Second error message:

"A device attached to the system is not functioning."

- - - -

Regards,

Robert.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

I read that, but was too busy to reply (still am, but hopefully can get you going with a few pointers)

Several threads at the forum here are about Windows 98 and VMware Tools no longer functioning, can't find them all at the moment, but was under the impression that you choosing such an old version of VMware Player would not be hit by that one.

There's a helpful (not!) knowledge base article that says "just continue the install if you see an error message" not sure you even can.

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1941

There's also this thread of somebody who managed to got past installing vmware tools in Workstation 11:

https://communities.vmware.com/thread/504565?start=0&tstart=0

If you do get the installer to give you options on what to install and it has thinprint selected then deselect thinprint as windows 98 is not supported with ThinPrint.

Sorry it has been a while since I ran Windows 98 and would have to do so in order to get you more info.

What might help too is to supply a current vmware.log and attach it to a reply here.

--

Wil

0 Kudos
Robert333
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Wila,

Thank you for your reply.

I generated in the Host, the ISO files from the following files, and then burnt the ISOs to DVDs:

These are the files generated by "tools-winPre2k-8.4.8.exe": 

i) "tools-winPre2k-8.4.8.iso"

ii) "winPre2k.iso.sig"

These are the files generated by "tools-windows-8.4.8.exe":

i) "windows.iso"

ii) "windows.iso.sig"

I successfully uninstalled and reinstalled the Guest OS's VMware Tools using the "tools-winPre2k-8.4.8.iso" DVD 

(from "tools-winPre2k-8.4.8.exe").

(The other one "windows.iso" (from "tools-windows-8.4.8.exe") is not compatible, and gives a

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library", error.)

Having reinstalled the Guest's VMware Tools this, unfortunately did NOT resolve the Guest OS's Import ("drag and drop") failure.

I also attach a zip file containing the four VMware logs I have found for the VM.

I would appreciate any further solutions to solve this issue.

I would also be grateful if someone could answer the following query which is of course related:

An acceptable workaround would be to connect the guest OS to a USB Flash Drive, but my USB Flash Drive is not recognised in it. The one I would like to use, is the same one I previously used without problem on a "real" computer running "real" Windows98SE (same OS as my guest OS VM). There is no such device available in the VM's "Add" menu, and I get no useful results on Google when searching for a USB Flash Drive as a virtual device for it.

When I connected the USB Flash Drive and had shut down the VM, I got a message from VMware Player (NOT from the Host Windows) letting me know that the Flash Drive had been installed and was ready for use, but when I then started up the VM again, the Flash Drive did not appear in My Computer nor Windows Explorer, and it is still not listed in Virtual Machine > Removable Devices.

(By the way, what is the "Unity" function listed in the Virtual Machine menu, and would this help?)

Regards,

Robert.

* * * * EDIT STARTS TO SHOW WHAT WAS THE SOLUTION TO THE USB ISSUE: * * * *

Extract from Robert333, 12-Nov-2016 22:53:

The Win98SE guest System looks for .INF files and could not find what it wanted anywhere on the installation disc.

I have now discovered that the reason is that even the Second Edition 98 did not ship with any USB drivers.

I downloaded and installed a "Windows 98SE Generic USB Mass Storage Device Driver" file, and the guest System now not only recognises my USB Flash Drive, but also recognises an external drive!

It is also possible that it can now recognise a wide range of USB devices without need of a vendor Win98 driver.

After following the instructions for installing the "USB Mass Storage Device Drivers", the vendor driver (unless the user cannot trace one) should always (in my view) be installed BEFORE connecting the USB device (unless the vendor of that device specifies otherwise).

For those with Windows 98 First Edition (version 4.10.1998), they can download the installation file "Windows 98 USB Mass Storage Device Drivers", here:

http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php

That website does also have the equivalent file for Win98SE, but I found a different website whose download file has a file name which suggests to me that their file is newer. Therefore for those with Windows 98 Second Edition (version 4.10.2222), they can download the installation file "Windows 98SE Generic USB Mass Storage Device Driver", and also see the installation instructions for it, here:

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-install-usb-mass-storage-device-on-windows-98/

* * * * END OF EDIT TO SHOW WHAT WAS THE SOLUTION TO THE USB ISSUE: * * * *

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The USB device may not get automatically attached to the guest VM each time you power it on.  Manuall attach it... Once the drive is plugged into your host, and your host detects it correctly, you can use the menu in Player, with your guest running - select USB devices, and the drive should be in the list.  Click on it to attach it to the guest (which disconnects it from the host).  I don't have Player installed here, so don't remember the exact GUI for it, but there should either be a menu or a set of icons in the status bar.

Unity mode won't help you here... it is (IMO) a gimmicky function that makes a program running in your guest appear as if it is running directly on the host - you don't see the entire OS in the Player window.  So to me, it makes it difficult to know WHERE anything really is running.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Is your virtual Windows 98 up to date (as in does it have all the available updates) ?

Windows 98 was here USB devices got introduced into Windows and I do remember having to install drivers for USB devices regularly.

It certainly is a possibility that your windows 98 guest is missing the required drivers, although in most cases the default massstorage USB driver should work.

If you have other usb disks lying around... try if another one works.

The guest OS drag&drop features not working can also depend on things like antivirus. Sometimes you have to uninstall antivirus in order to rule that out as disabling an antivirus quite often does not disable all. Other times it is a problem in the VMware Player host config and reinstalling VMware Player then helps.

On newer systems it can also at times be cured by running the following command:

"C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Tools\vmtoolsd.exe" -n vmusr

But I have no idea if that even works on the vmware tools for such an old OS.

--

Wil

0 Kudos
Robert333
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello RDPetruska,

Thank you for your response.

As I mentioned in my previous message, when the USB Flash Drive is inserted, it is not listed in Virtual Machine > Removable Devices.

There is no "USB devices" option.

Regards,

Robert.

0 Kudos
Robert333
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Wila,

Thanks for replying.

You did not make clear if the command is to be run on the Host or within the Guest.

In the Guest the command is not recognised.

In the Host, the switch -n is not recognised.

I did not apply any updates to the Guest OS, because in Win98SE there is no System Restore to protect the System from corruption if something goes wrong with the Update installation. I used to use "Go Back" originally by "Wild File", which was brilliant, but I am concerned that it would be unlikely to be compatible with a virtual system. I will look through the old Updates of which there were a lot, and of which I kept a complete store. Most were security updates and so I will see if any are non-security patches or drivers. I will also see if I had any Win98 driver for the USB Flash Drive that I previously mentioned.

As I previously mentioned:

I did uninstall the Avast antivirus including using its Clean Tool, and then tested the VM's Import function - it still did not function.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled the VMware Player and then tested its Import function, which did not function.

Regards,

Robert.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

That command should be run in the guest. It is possible that you have to adjust the path and indeed it might not even work in Windows 98.

As for the patches... well I would expect problems on a non updated windows 98. I'm pretty sure that VMware only ever targets completely updated systems.

Security updates sometimes also update things that affect more as security, so it is hard to cherry pick the correct updates.

You might not have system restore, but you can make copies of the whole VM to an external disk (with VM shut down, not suspended) which is a good idea anyways.

I don't know your product "Go Back" but it most likely will work fine within a virtual machine.

--

Wil

0 Kudos
Robert333
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Wila,

I ran the command you mentioned, on the guest OS altering the path accordingly, with the results already explained.

The Windows 98 security updates indeed are only security updates. How do I know?

Because I would review what each update would do before attempting to install, and I still have the Microsoft summary for each one.

I have reviewed my collection of Windows 98 Updates, and the other updates do not seem to have any likely connection with this issue.

I successfully installed the Win98 driver for the USB Flash Drive, and rebooted the Guest OS.

The driver is recognised by VM Tools, but having installed the physical device, it is not recognised in the Guest "My Computer" and "Windows Explorer"; it simply does not show up in there.

(It is also the same having installed the Win98 driver for my USB external drive.)

How do I know that I have used the correct driver for the USB Flash Drive that I am connecting?

Because although the physical device has no vendor ID on it,  I put the vendor ID on the downloaded driver folder and it is also on the screenshot that I took of the driver download page.

By searching the make/model of it the USB Flash Drive on Google images I can recognise the device that I am connecting:

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Disgo_USB_flash_drive_512_MB__6205380http://

Regards,

Robert.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi Robert,

Except that Microsoft summaries will not tell you everything and that a security update certainly can block features in this area.

I'm sorry, here's where I jump off the cart, perhaps somebody else has ideas.

I do not have VMware Player 3.x installed anymore and have no further suggestions except to try a VMware player that is a bit less ancient (no offence).

VMware Player 3.x was released in 2009.

Windows 7 has had many changes since then too and there certainly can be changes in the host OS since then that might prevent this from working with Player 3.x.

Virtualisation depends on low level functionality in the host OS.

There have been several times when changes in the host OS required updates in the virtualisation layer in order to get all features working again and seven years is a long time in that respect.

--

Wil

0 Kudos
Robert333
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Wila,

I just want to thank you for having persisted in helping me with the issue, and putting in your time and trouble in doing so. Your conclusion is same as mine.

(Just to be clear, I did not install any Microsoft security updates to this VM.

I have a collection of Microsoft Updates stored because I used to have a "real" system running Win98SE, to which of course at the time, I did install them.

I did not install any security updates to this VM, since being an old and therefore vulnerable system, such updates could not have protected it today, and I therefore had no intention of connecting it to the Internet.)

Many thanks for helping.

Not every issue has a solution.

Regards,

Robert.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Well I think it can work, but I'm not sure with the version of Workstation Player that you are currently using.

According to this page: VMware Compatibility Guide - Guest/Host Search

Windows 98 is supported up to Workstation 9 which -if I'm not mistaken- is equal to VMware Player 5.

That's at least a few years older. There's even a newer 3.1 player then the one that you are using (see VMware Player 3.1.6 Release Notes )

--

Wil

0 Kudos
Robert333
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Wila,

Thanks for the information, which I will take a look at, but having made the VM in VMware Player 3 (3.1.5), although the further release would be interesting, I understand that later versions are unlikely to recognise the already-made VM, which as is often overlooked by software vendors, represents many hours in user time spent.

It was rather useful for many years while the Import "drag and drop" function worked, and I suppose the "meter" had to just finally run out !

However, I will take a look at the further version 3 release, to which you kindly referred.

Regards,

Robert.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

I understand that later versions are unlikely to recognise the already-made VM

You are wrong on this part. I'm pretty sure that I can run your VM on the latest VMware Fusion or VMware vSphere as well.

For the record for some of my tests down here I run with MS DOS and Windows 3.1 VMs and they work fine.

The only part where might see some problems is in trying to install latest versions of VMware Tools, but there' s a legacy version for that, see also: Introducing VMware Tools 10.1 and 10.0.12 - VMware vSphere Blog

Each revision of VMware products has their own virtual hardware version and the virtual machines created can be used between all different products (and thus host platforms)

On newer products you can keep that old virtual hardware version (and thus be able to go back to the older VMware product without hassle) or update to the newer virtual hardware.

The backwards compatibility of VMware products is very very good and quite frankly I would have tried to install the latest VMware Player and then run your VM on top of that, upgraded to the latest virtual hardware version (after making a backup of course)

If it would have problems then I would start by trying to go back to an older virtual hardware version first.

Note that when VMware says "Windows 98 is no longer supported" that that means they are not putting a lot of engineering time on fixing issues and no time on adding new features.

It does not mean that it will not work and they certainly will try to fix issues when known. Just at slightly slower pace.

--

Wil

0 Kudos