VMware Cloud Community
grep_boy
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else had issues with the migration to VCSA 6 ?

Greetings;

I have had an issue migrating from a Win vCenter 5.5u3 to vcsa 6 using the migration tool. It gets to exporting the license inventory, and then pops up warnings every 60 minutes asking if I want to continue running. I've let this run over the weekend.

I have tested connectivity between the VCSA appliance and the original vCenter server, and it's clear there is communication as the console of the VCSA is showing the same messages.

I've had a ticket open with VMWare on this for over a week now without any traction - anyone have any ideas what is happening, or know where I might check?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
kwg66
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes, after migration, it appears that my admin account doesn't have access to anything in the vCenter inventory anymore.  I can log in, but no permissions, even though the permissions are there against the cluster. 

How do I know the permissions are there?   because I logged in with my every day account, and can see the clusters. 

What is the difference between accounts?  my admin account as a -adm in the user name, by other account does not.

When attempting to add permissions with my non admin account I can only see the accounts showing under the vcenter server name, and under the vSPhere.local domain, I can't see anything in AD.

So it appears we are having permissions issues:

1) having trouble seeing the domain even though it appears connected

2) having issues with account with a hyphen in it.

Not sure what the relationship is yet between all this, but I do have an open support ticket and am waiting to hear. 

It certainly looks as though this "migration to VCSA" hasn't been thoroughly tested and documented well enough. 

0 Kudos