VMware Cloud Community
bernz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error: Invalid state for ruleset ruleEnabled: False

Hi

I'm creating a host profile from specific host and then fails with the error Invalid state for ruleset ruleEnabled: False.

Anyone can point me to solution, can't find any from the web.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TravisPatrick
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Did you find a solution for this? I'm currently having the same issue, and I started a ticket with VMware.

0 Kudos
devans3428
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

did you ever find the fix for this...I am facing same issue.

0 Kudos
GSXRMAN
Contributor
Contributor

My situation was a bit different.

I've built a 6.0 vcenter and required components i.e. platform service controller.

Moved existing 5.0 hosts into this 6.0 vCenter then vmotioned to a 6.0 host, and upgraded the new member from ESX 5.0 - 6.0.

However after the upgrade in the new vcenter, I was UNABLE to create a host profile on the upgraded host, never tried to create before the upgrade.

Also, these same (now moved / upgraded Hosts) had NO issues creating profiles in old 5.0 vcenter before the move and upgrade.

Additionally on my original 6.0 host (fresh install) I could create host profiles...

This thread however pointed me into the right direction.

What I found after comparing the "Security Profile" settings of a fresh install host in 6.0 (my original vCenter 6.0 host) with an upgraded 6.0 host was the following:

1. SSH Server was OFF - upgraded host only

2. DVSSync was OFF - upgraded host only

3. ESXUPDATE was ON - upgraded host only

4. Syslog was ON - upgraded host only

If I changed to match the settings of my existing "fresh installed 6.0 host" I was now able to create a host profile on the newly added and upgraded 6.0 host.

I'm not sure as to which one of these made the difference - PERHAPS someone can tell me?

Also I'm curious as to why in my 5.0 vcenter these same hosts, now moved an upgraded COULD create host profiles just fine, but once moved and upgraded could not?

Hope this also points someone else in the right direction.

0 Kudos
EliGarcia
Contributor
Contributor

I believe GSXRMAN is correct in that if you upgrade a host somethings aren't set the same as in a fresh install. i too had the profile creation error and fixed it by changing just one of the items he listed. just to clarify what he says about the settings in Security Profile, he means in the Firewall section not the Service section and by OFF he means no check mark.

So to sum up, go to the Security Profile of the host and then Properties of the Firewall section and make sure SSH server has a check mark in the box. That fixed it for me!

0 Kudos