VMware Cloud Community
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

SRM and PSC

Now in version 6 i have observed SRM is integrated with PSC not vCenter. My question is If multiple vCenter Servers are connected with the PSC, then will SRM be integrated wth both the vCenters?

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mattallford
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

‌An install of SRM is still a one-to-one mapping to a vCenter server.

During the SRM installation, you do enter the details of the PSC, but at the very next step the installer will present you with a list of vCenter servers that are registered with that PSC and ask you which vCenter server you would like to pair with.

Cheers, Matt.

VCP6-DCV | VCAP6-DCV Deploy @mattallford If you found my answers useful, please help me by marking them as Helpful or Correct!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Mattallford
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

‌An install of SRM is still a one-to-one mapping to a vCenter server.

During the SRM installation, you do enter the details of the PSC, but at the very next step the installer will present you with a list of vCenter servers that are registered with that PSC and ask you which vCenter server you would like to pair with.

Cheers, Matt.

VCP6-DCV | VCAP6-DCV Deploy @mattallford If you found my answers useful, please help me by marking them as Helpful or Correct!
NikRaychev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Mattallfort is correct. From SRM 6.0 you must provide PSC address in SRM installer. Then on thenext page SRM installer will provide you with a combo box listing all vCenter Servers that are using the PSC you provided on the previous installation screen. Then you select only one vCenter Server(that is why it is a combo box) to install SRM against.

HTH,

Nik

0 Kudos