VMware Communities
Janning
Contributor
Contributor

WMWare update causing connection issues.

Hi vmw,

Let me start by saying, I'm not really a beginner at all this, but by no means an expert. I realize this is not directly a VMWare issue
However, my problems began when I updated VMware.

I have Oracle 12c enterprise set up on a Oracle Enterprise Linux ver 7 box.
From the latest previous version of VMware Workstation 12 Pro, I updated to,  VMware Workstation 12 Pro, version 12.5.0 build-4352439

Prior to the VMware update to version 12.5.0 build-4352439, this has always worked fine, start Linux, from a terminal window
[oracle@oradev ~]$ sqlplus /nologSQL> conn SYS as SYSDBA
Enter password: xxxxx
startup
lsnrctl start

All was good.  Now, Sinse the VMware update to version 12.5.0 build-4352439, Now when I get to
startup  I get:
SQL> startup
ORA-00119: invalid specification for system parameter LOCAL_LISTENER
ORA-00130: invalid listener address '(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=oradev.attlocal.net)(PORT=1522))'
SQL>

I believe my host name in oracle Linux (which is on VM ware, so maybe is in VM ware setting, this all started after updating VM ware)
is not the same, somehow is in my listener.ora ?  It looks ok below to me, but as I said, I'm not expert level

See, more details at:  The below link contains much information which should belp resolve this issues.
This is just a notepad file, there should me no issues popping this site up, let me know if so.

http://www.aanning.com/ajissues/VMWare/oracle1/notes.txt

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Janning
Contributor
Contributor

After more research, what I suspect is, the RDBMS was unable to validate the address compound by the combination hostname=oradev.attlocal.net and port=1522 : much probably whenI updated the vmware software it changed the domain and/or the ip address and/or the hostname for the vm.

My question is, how do I set this back to what it was in VMware?

0 Kudos
Janning
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone have any ideas on this one? It's still an issue and I can not find where the host is being renamed.

0 Kudos