VMware Communities
khurramar
Contributor
Contributor

Host's Network Interrupts when Workstation 12 VM acquires host's USB WiFi Adapter

It's annoying and really upsetting, how does it impact on other Internal Network Adapters when I try to connect an External USB WiFi Adapter to the VM in Workstation 12.

Can anyone explain or is there anything to fix?

This is actually bad when the Host is doing something important on the connected network and I want to connect a free USB Wifi Adapter to the VM for other tasks.

What happened was (which is another issue), that I was previously trying to connect this USB adapter via VSphere client to a VM running on ESXi host on the network. Unlike Workstation which stays open when network interrupts, VSphere client gets disconnected from the ESXi host and so from the VM instantly when I try to connect the USB WiFi Adapter to it. In result the VSphere client throws some exception which might be due to unintentional device disconnection and goes black as the connection from the ESXi host has already been lost due to network interruption.

Well, I couldn't understand the problem what actually was causing it at ESXi host. But when I tried it with Workstation I discovered that VM is not making any trouble and connects to the External USB WiFi Adapter successfully but the host does loose network connectivity for a moment. That made me think that this could have been causing the issue to the ESXi connectivity

That's the reason I am posting it in Workstation Forusm. Hopefully there would be some fix that I could use it with ESXi host without any issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
0 Replies