VMware Communities
altmanjc
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Workstation Pro 12.5 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD in Windows 10 Guest VM

My host computer is running Windows 10 x64 1607 Build 14393.187 with all the latest updates.  It is a Dell Precision 7710 with an Intel Xeon E3-1535M CPU, 32GB of ECC RAM, and a 2 TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD.  I'm running VMware Workstation Pro 12.5.0 build 4352439.  My host computer is completely stable with no issues.  However, when I try to run Windows 10 x64 in a guest VM inside VMware it keeps crashing with a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD.  I've tried many different things including checking for BIOS updates, driver updates, Windows Updates, etc.  I've also tried reinstalling VMware.   I even tried disabling all the Anti-Virus software.  It used to work fine before my last reformat.  I think a BIOS update might've broken it since I did all the updates when I reformatted my laptop.  I think something must be causing the memory in the virtual machine to get corrupted but I can't seem to figure out what is causing it.  If anyone has an idea on what could be making my virtual machines unstable I would really appreciate it.  I would reach out to VMware directly but my tech support expired.  I would assume it is bad memory or a bad hard drive but my host system has been running fine and the diagnostics haven't turned up anything yet.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
yanw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, altmanjc:

Welcome to the community!May I confirm more information?

1) Does this crash happen on your host or Guest VM?

2) If it is a host crash, does this also happen if you run other Guest VMs except Win10x64?

3) Does Workstation 12.1.1 also has this issue ?

Would you please attach the support bundled ? You can collect it by Help -- > Support -- > Collect Support Data ? 

0 Kudos
altmanjc
Contributor
Contributor

My host doesn't crash... only the VM guest does.  It did also happen with 12.1.1.  I attached the support bundle as a OneDrive link.  I couldn't find a way to attache it directly to this post.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!As50pcmqHRwIxsEexOlp3lQWXp71hQ

0 Kudos
altmanjc
Contributor
Contributor

Do you think I will need to purchase tech support to get this fixed?  I tried reinstalling VMware again but it didn't help.  Can you tell anything from the file I uploaded?

0 Kudos