VMware Communities
METsen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Shared Folders, umgekehrt/reverse

English see below:

Habe VMware Workstation 12 Player auf Windows 7 pro 64Bit. Im Player kann man Shared Folders einrichten mit denen man Zugriff zu Dateien auf dem Host hat. Kann man aber auch Shared Folders auf dem host einrichten mit denen man Zugriff zu Dateien auf der VM hat und wenn ja, wie?

I have a VMware Workstation 12 Player on Windows 7 pro 64Bit. The player provides the setup of Shared Folders which allow access to folders on the host. Is it possible to setup also on the host (W7pro 64bit) Shared Folders which allow access to folders on the VM, and if yes, how?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
METsen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I noticed only by chance that a right-click on the vmdk-file contains the option "Map first volume as Z: (read only)" and indeed this allows to access the VM's C: content. However, with this selection the VM could no longer be opened (started).

I actually would not require access to all of C: My intention is to backup a data folder on the VM's C from the host because it becomes more and more difficult to obtain online backup clients and anti-virus programs which are compatible with the old, but still required guest OS.

Is there a possibility to achieve this, and - if yes - how?

0 Kudos