VMware Communities
Ashkaan
Contributor
Contributor

Internal Error

I can't get an VMs to run at all.

I start with a clean install of Fusion 8.5 on Sierra and all I get (no matter the VM settings including just defaults) is "Internal Error".

Anyone getting this?  I have a Macbook Pro 15 2015.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RickShu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Ashkaan,

Did the 'internal Error' occurred in all the VMs or just one specific VM?

Would you please create the support bundle (Help-->Collect Support Information) and upload it to this post? 

Regards,

-Rick

0 Kudos
Darcyz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Ashkaan

Normally a reboot of macOS Sierra will resolve this.

0 Kudos
Ashkaan
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't have any VMs installed.  This is a fresh install.  No matter what kind of VM or settings (default or not), I get that error.

I called VMWare tech support.  A nice guy from India went through troubleshooting steps with me.  He couldn't figure it out.  He told me that a higher would call me yesterday, but no one did.  I don't have any easy way of reaching them either.  It took me an hour just to get the first guy on the phone.

It says that the problem report is too large to post here.

0 Kudos
quinman22
Contributor
Contributor

I have this same problem with Fusion 6.0.6 and Sierra. New and existing machines all say "Internal Error" trying to start. Reboot and reinstall of Fusion both did not help.

0 Kudos
Ashkaan
Contributor
Contributor

I think 8.5 is the only version to officially support Sierra, so that might be the issue you're having.  Have you tried updating?

0 Kudos
quinman22
Contributor
Contributor

Well, my internal error was caused by not reading the changes in Sierra which now require applications to be move from the DMG to "Applications" prior to opening them. If this isn't done, the application is executed in a quarantined environment. Now I've just got the infinite resuming problem that the other 6.0.6 user is having.

0 Kudos