4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2020 7:51 AM by jysingh

Network Uplink Redundancy Lost

adamdillon Lurker

I'm getting a redundancy lost error on one of my ESX hosts, and I was wondering if someone could point me in the correct direction here.

I've inherited this vmware/vcenter farm and I'm having a heck of a time with this error.

I've logged into my switches and I don't see any ports that don't have a link light that should. I'm thinking this is a configuration error somewhere.

• 1. Re: Network Uplink Redundancy Lost
          npadmani Master
          VMware EmployeesvExpert

Select Host which is complaining about this, and look into Tasks & Events TAB - Events - look through events to find out which VMNIC is causing this.

Error is an indication that either physical NIC failure has happened - Double check for hardware health in that host

or

NIC simply was put down by mistake.

please do SSH in that host and run

#esxcli network nic list >> niclist.txt

#esxcfg-vswitch -l >> vs.txt

upload those output files here, if you run these commands without tailing >> bits then output can be reviewed by you on your screen itself.

• 2. Re: Network Uplink Redundancy Lost
            a.p. Guru
            User ModeratorsvExpertCommunity Warriors

This error may occur on hosts which are member in a HA cluster, if the network redundancy is temporarily lost. What usually solves the issue, is to run a "Reconfigure for HA" for this host after the network issue is resolved.

André

• 3. Re: Network Uplink Redundancy Lost
              adamdillon Lurker

The network was down temporarily during the host reboot.

Does this error not go away on it's own typically?

Thanks for the prompt responses all.

• 4. Re: Network Uplink Redundancy Lost
                jysingh Lurker

Hi ,

I am also facing same issue on one host. There are only 2 host in cluster and both are standalone (no common datastore).  There was no issue on vm migration.

From couple of weeks, I started observing same error on one host and this error so frequent . Due to this vms are not migrating .

Regards,

jyoti