VMware Cloud Community
ramki2388
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRealize Automation (vRA) with VMware Integrated OpenStack (VIO) / Can we integrate VIO as an openstack endpoint in vRA 6.x or 7.x?

Hello,

Can we integrate VIO as an openstack endpoint in vRA 6.x or 7.x?

i have added  VIO as an openstack endpoint in vRA 6.x and 7.x. Error is Below

vRA 6.2.0 Data collection error "Endpoint Data Collection failed for endpoint VIO [Workflow Instance Id=31] Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

vRA 7.0.1 Data collection error "Endpoint Data Collection failed for endpoint VIO [Workflow Instance Id=18213] The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. Inner Exception: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format. "

I have followed instructions from vRealize Automation 6.2 Documentation Center.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Ram.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hejahida82
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Ram,

Based on the support matrix for vRA 6.2 and 7

https://www.vmware.com/pdf/vrealize-automation-70-support-matrix.pdf

VIO is supported and tested on vRA 7.x  but not 6.x

I seem to remember from previous conversations that in vRA 6.2 Openstack was only supported when using a KVM based hypervisor which VIO isn't.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hejahida82
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Ram,

Based on the support matrix for vRA 6.2 and 7

https://www.vmware.com/pdf/vrealize-automation-70-support-matrix.pdf

VIO is supported and tested on vRA 7.x  but not 6.x

I seem to remember from previous conversations that in vRA 6.2 Openstack was only supported when using a KVM based hypervisor which VIO isn't.

0 Kudos
ramki2388
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

please, could you suggest me, what could be the possible reasons for below error

vRA 7.0.1 Data collection error "Endpoint Data Collection failed for endpoint VIO [Workflow Instance Id=18213] The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. Inner Exception: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format. "

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ram.

0 Kudos
Hejahida82
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I don't have an environment set up with VIO unfortunately, and it would take a couple of days to get something setup so I can't do any testing. I would suggest checking that the certificates in use for VIO and vRA (including self signed) are trusted on both vRA and VIO. It's the IaaS server certificates you are interested in from the vRA side.

Also try accessing the URL you are using for VIO endpoint outside of vRA, using something like a REST client if needed to send it a simple command using the credentials you have configured in vRA, see if you can connect to it to isolate the cause of the issue as vRA or VIO.

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi Ram,

What version of VIO are you using?

Depending on the version, the appropriate libs may not be in the repository. VIO 2 is supported on vRA 7.0 (and be extension 7.0.1) and 7.1.

1.0 isn't certified anywhere, and I haven't seen anything for 2.5/3.0.

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos