VMware Cloud Community
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VM Migration from vCenter 6.0 u1 to vCenter 6.0 u2

Is it supported by vmware when somebody wants to migrate the vm from vCenter 6.0 u1 to vCenter 6.0 u2? Let's take the example both of these vCenters have their individual PSC's and both PSC's are in same sso domain and the both the PSC's version is 6.0 u2.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mattallford
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

‌Yes, that will be fine and supported. I assume you will be doing a cross vCenter vMotion?

VCP6-DCV | VCAP6-DCV Deploy @mattallford If you found my answers useful, please help me by marking them as Helpful or Correct!
0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, it will be across vCenter. Are you sure that it is supported by VMware?

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
Mattallford
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

‌If you want the 'official' answer, you are probably best to raise a case with GSS and get them to confirm.

I don't see why it would be unsupported. I do wonder why one of your VCs and the PSCs are running 6.0u2 but your other VC is still running u1? What's the issue with upgrading the last VC to 6.0u2?

VCP6-DCV | VCAP6-DCV Deploy @mattallford If you found my answers useful, please help me by marking them as Helpful or Correct!
0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

we are upgrading the environment from 6.0u1 to u2 and it's not  possible to upgrade everything at same time, that's why one vc is with u1 and second one is with u2.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
parmarnandish
Contributor
Contributor

Migration of VMs from 6.0u1 to 6.0u2 is supported. I think it will take less time and efforts upgrading your u1 vCenter to u2 rather than migrating a VM from u1 vCenter to u2 vCenter.

As you said the PSC are both in the same SSO domain and they are both at 6.0 u2, upgrading the vCenter to u2 would be pretty straight forward.

0 Kudos