VMware Communities
Ajud
Contributor
Contributor

Almost no Internet after installing VMWare

Hello everyone! A few days ago I asked if it will disable my internet. An user said that it will not require a reboot and internet will work fine, so I've installed VMWare Workstation, and I've decided to download an Ubuntu iso, and an Windows 7 Machine, from microsoft, but I couldn't. Most of the sites was completely unreachable, only google, gmail, and youtube. Disabling virtual ethernet drivers did not fix it, disabling network connections, fixed it for a short amount of time. So to use internet on My computer I had to uninstall VMWare. Please help with this problem

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Scillonian
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

‌From your referenced thread:

I have an ethernet card, but I don't use ethernet, my internet is through USB cables.

I've only used ethernet or WiFi interfaces with Workstation (and VirtualBox). It may be because you are using USB for your internet access that you are having connectivity issues. Are you able to test using the ethernet interface?

0 Kudos
Ajud
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry to say, but I telled about my first computer which OS was Windows XP 32bit, which worked fine with VMWare. Now I use an ASUS X550ZE Laptop, so my internet is through wifi, but the laptop also has ethernet ports, but I don't use them, because I have a Wifi Hotspot, which doesn't have ethernet ports. So my laptop doesn't use internet through USB Cables, it uses Wifi

0 Kudos
Ajud
Contributor
Contributor

BUMP

0 Kudos
www23456
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for using VMware WS.

Which version WS used?

Do you have some security policy configured:

Configure network connection restrictions with Group Policy

Windows has secure config policy which might only allows 1 connection to outside and windows selects using virtual adapters: vmnet1 or vmnet8  which marked as 'faster' cabled ether instead of the 'slow' wifi.

Maybe either try to disable the secure policy or try WS 12.5

0 Kudos
Ajud
Contributor
Contributor

Well I can't find Policy Editor, and also I am running Windows 10 with VMWare 12.5.0

0 Kudos
Ajud
Contributor
Contributor

BUMP

0 Kudos