VMware Horizon Community
cyberfed2727
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Smart card access to View Administration webpage

Need some help....

We have two Horizon View environments.5.3.5 and 6.2.2 experiencing the same behavior.

We have enabled smart card authentication for the Horizon client and VDI desktops. This all works great. We get prompted for our PIN and life is good everything works as expected.  However we enabled smart card auth for the Administration webpage and that is not working.

When I go to https://FQDN/admin we get prompted to select a certificate...great! I click on my cert and enter my PIN. It then thinks for a second and appears like its going to log me into the admin web page but then the screen flickers and dumps me back to the logon page. We have tried IE, Firefox and Chrome and none work. I looked in the logs of the connection server but nothing is jumping out at me.

Any thoughts? Our company is going to enforce smart card use so its imperative we get this working. I'm pretty sure we have all the certs in place in the keystore as like I said smart card works fine to access the Horizon client and VDI desktops. I just don't understand why the admin web page prompts for the card + PIN but never logs me in and dumps me back to the logon page.

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
0 Replies