VMware Cloud Community
fafa24
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VM suspends automatically

Hi All,

Two days ago I created a clone of a VM (Windows Server 2012 guest).I ran Windows customization and all went well. However since then both VM (clone and original) suspends automatically after some time during the time. On the same Hosts other VMs are running and they do not suspend

I also see for both VM this message in the logs since I cloned them.

Task set console Windows Screen Resolution - A General System even occured invalid vault.

I must be related to the cloning operation, but not sure why and how to fix it. Looking at the datastore browser there are two folder for both vm. It looks both VM are Independent.

Can you please help?

Thanks,

Edy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VMARA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Check whether there is a Power Plan configured, Normally with Windows 7 or Desktop Version of VMs are getting these type of issues. Check your power plan, since this is Server version I'm not sure about your Power plan configuration, I got similar experience with Desktop Based VMs.

Aruna Lakmal Virtualization Professional | vExpert and a Blogger

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

please compress all vmware.log files of both the VMs and upload those here if possible.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
fafa24
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks - please find attached the logs of the VMs. Zipped for each VM.

0 Kudos
VMARA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Check whether there is a Power Plan configured, Normally with Windows 7 or Desktop Version of VMs are getting these type of issues. Check your power plan, since this is Server version I'm not sure about your Power plan configuration, I got similar experience with Desktop Based VMs.

0 Kudos
fafa24
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks - The power plan was set to sleep after 4 hours for both VM servers. I changed to never. It is running now for 12 hours and haven't go to suspend yet. I think this was the resolution.

The error message also went away in Vcenter Server about the screen resolution.

Thanks,

Edy

0 Kudos
arunalakmal
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Great! and nice to hear that my comment helped you to fix your problem....Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
VMARA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Great! and nice to hear that my comment helped you to fix your problem... Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
VMARA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can you Mark this as an Answered. thanks

0 Kudos