VMware Edu & Cert Community
lenartpawel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Upgrade path from VCP5 to VCP6

Hi all,

I have a question. I passed my VCP510 exam back in 2012 and VCP550D in late 2014. My certification is expiring now and I need to renew it.

Does anyone know which exams I need to take to get VCP6 and for my certification to be renewed for next 2 years?

When I try to book an exam I have following choices:

2V0-621VMware Certified Professional 6 - Data Center Virtualization Exam
2V0-621DVMware Certified Professional 6 - Data Center Virtualization Delta Exam
2V0-621PSEVMware Certified Professional 6 - Data Center Virtualization Exam

And I'm not sure which one is the right one and I can't find any infomration about difference between normal and PSE one.

Can you please advise?

Kind Regards,

Pawel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Path 1 here suggests you should take 621D: VCP6-DCV Certification

Technically, you could also take 621 - there are more questions, but it will cover older ground as well as new features.

621PSE is only for those who have taken VMware training with a college (it requires a special voucher)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Path 1 here suggests you should take 621D: VCP6-DCV Certification

Technically, you could also take 621 - there are more questions, but it will cover older ground as well as new features.

621PSE is only for those who have taken VMware training with a college (it requires a special voucher)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
prestonville
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Also if you take another exam like one of the VCP6 cloud ones it will also keep you VCP vsphere valid. So you don't need to keep taking them all every 2 years.

0 Kudos