VMware Communities
tgwb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot find a valid peer process to connect to - tried "everything".

Fusion 8 won't start Windows 10, giving the above message.  I deleted two .lck items and one .nvram item, and in the .vmx file there is already checkpoint.vmState="".  Still, trying to start Windows gives the same error message.  I don't get anything more from the discussion posts on this error message.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

First thing to try is reboot your host (OS X)

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

First thing to try is reboot your host (OS X)

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
0 Kudos
tgwb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That did it.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
c_pd
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am having this same issue, but it seems like Fusion locks up and kills the VM then when I try to boot the VM I get this error message. Yes rebooting the host Mac will allow me to boot the VM, but I want to figure out why it is crashing to begin with. Are you having this issue too? Any ideas? I am running Fusion 8.5 and Windows 10 Pro.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi c_pd,

Welcome at the VMware Communities forum.

Around Fusion 4 I had the problem regularly and as far as I can remember that was due to something fixed in Fusion.

It can still occasionally happen, but then a reboot should fix it and it normally should not return.

To be frank I cannot remember when I've last seen the problem.

My understanding is that the problem is not specific for guest OS (eg. you'll get it regardless of what type of guest OS you run)

If like in your case it is a returning problem there's a number of things I would try and look at (in no particular order)

- If you use an antivirus/antimalware product at the host, disable it and see if that helps.

- uninstall Fusion / reboot OS X / install Fusion.

- repair file permissions using Disk Utility

--

Wil

Wasadealio
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I was having the same issue, but the following suggestion worked for me.

"- uninstall Fusion / reboot OS X / install Fusion."

THANK YOU wila‌!

0 Kudos
CasaP
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The easiest thing to do is launch Activity Monitor, go to Memory tab and find the red vmware-vmx (Not Responding) and kill the process.

You can then launch the virtual machine and it should work just fine, no need to reboot / reinstall. You are using a Mac not a Windows machine!!!

Thats it.

Simples..Smiley HappySmiley Happy

0 Kudos