VMware Networking Community
el_mehdi_ora
Contributor
Contributor

Error create Controller NSX 6.2

Hi,

I inform you that I have a little problem on the controller installation NSX 6.2 on my vCenter 6.0 U2,  when I would install controllers on the new platform, after the creation of controllers on ESXi, it gives me the following error "the deployment failed during pending preparation of the NSX controller controller-8 - Timeout waiting for controller is ready ", then it removes the NSX_Controller, and I ask you please  for your help and assistance to resolve the situation, and I inform you that before you contact I checked NTP, DNS, Firewall on ESXi, all is good, and i cleared the ARP Cache from physical Switch, but always the same error.

You will find enclosed the NSX log file, if you want to take a look. And I am very happy and glad you contacted again, and I look forward to install and use the new VIO 2.5.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
cnrz
Expert
Expert

There can be some possibilities:

1. Is NSx Manager Gui show Vcenter as connected?
  2. ARe there Ip addresses available on the IP Pool for the controllers?
  3. DNS and NTP is also important, although told to be checked is it possible to check Forward and Reverse records for Vcenter, NSX Manager and the ESX hosts? Also NTP for Vcenter, NSX Manager and ESX hosts should be same as simultaneous
  4. ENough resources for the Controller available?

0 Kudos
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sounds like network connectivity issues between the network on which the controller is being deployed and NSX Manager.  Could also be NTP.

This article is pretty comprehensive as well:

Deploying NSX-V controller failed and disappear from vSphere client – VMware Professional Services

0 Kudos