VMware Communities
Mocro020
Contributor
Contributor

Can't create a osx virtual machine

Hi guys I used to be able to create a osx virtual machine on my Elitebook 2540p i7. I tried reinstalling player 12 but when I try to create a machine i can't choose OSX anymore I have Virtual Technology on in my bios settings. Is there anyone that had this problem or knows how to get it back up an running again?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
schepp
Leadership
Leadership

It's forbidden by Apple EULA to run OSX on any other hardware than Apple Hardware, that's why you can't do it on Player.

0 Kudos
Mocro020
Contributor
Contributor

that's not true i have been using it for months

VMware Documentation for OS X 10.11

0 Kudos
schepp
Leadership
Leadership

You can run it in VMware Fusion, which runs on OSX, on top of: Apple hardware.

You may run it in VMware ESXi, als long as the ESXi runs on Apple hardware, like the mac mini.

You may not run OSX inside VMware player on a Windows PC. The link you posted covers the two possibilities I mentioned above.

0 Kudos
Mocro020
Contributor
Contributor

How to Install macOS 10.12 Sierra in Windows with VMware (Download links) - YouTube

Install OS X El Capitan 10.11 Retail on VMware on Windows PC (Download links) - YouTube

edit by wila: youtube links removed

Again my friend I had it running for months with vmware player 12 on my windows 7 laptop it is possible.

And it is also been possible to run a dual boot on a windows pc with osx and windows just google it most intel and some amd the only thing that can give a problem is the wifi card thats why I used vmware instead of hackintosh.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

The fact that it may work doesn't mean that it is supported and/or allowed.

From https://kb.vmware.com/kb/1000131

The End User License Agreement (EULA) for Apple Mac OS X legally and explicitly binds the installation and running of the operating system to Apple-labeled computers only. ...

André

0 Kudos
Mocro020
Contributor
Contributor

I downloaded vmware player from vmware.com and it had that option did you look at the video?

it worked until i got a error MAC OS X is not supported with binary translation. to run MacOS X you need a host on which beware player supports Intel VT-X or amd-v. I tried reinstalling vmware player again and the whole option isn't there anymore.

so why vmware has osx in there option menu?

0 Kudos
schepp
Leadership
Leadership

Again my friend I had it running for months with vmware player 12 on my windows 7 laptop it is possible.

Again my friend, while it's technical possible with third party tools, you still successfully violated the Apple EULA.

According to the VMware Terms of Service you will not get any help here for illegal activities.

Thread closed

0 Kudos