VMware Cloud Community
legioon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Send value to Property Definitions

Hello,

I'm using vra 7.0.1

I created property definition named Custom.ISO and made this property as a dropdown.I want to send dropdown values to Image.ISO.Name property.  But i am getting this error ;

The following component requests failed: vSphere_Machine_1. Request failed: Machine VRAVM01: CreateVM : The file [ISO_DATASTORE] {Custom.ISO} does not exist..

Blueprint settings ;

iso1.PNG

Property definitions settings;

iso2.PNG

can i send values using this medhod ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
darrenoid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello legioon,

We had the same assumption that custom properties can be nested as variables using the brackets syntax {property.name}. That would make way too much sense and add way too much flexibility. Unfortunately, what we deduced is that that syntax can only be used inside of the VirtualMachine.SoftwareN.ScriptPath custom propert. No other custom property in the reference manual shows variables being used in the value field. What you can do is just override the built in property Image.ISO.Name. Create a new property definition for Image.ISO.Name just like you did for Custom.ISO. The downfall of this approach is you can only do it once.

Regards,

Darrenoid

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
darrenoid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello legioon,

We had the same assumption that custom properties can be nested as variables using the brackets syntax {property.name}. That would make way too much sense and add way too much flexibility. Unfortunately, what we deduced is that that syntax can only be used inside of the VirtualMachine.SoftwareN.ScriptPath custom propert. No other custom property in the reference manual shows variables being used in the value field. What you can do is just override the built in property Image.ISO.Name. Create a new property definition for Image.ISO.Name just like you did for Custom.ISO. The downfall of this approach is you can only do it once.

Regards,

Darrenoid

0 Kudos