VMware Cloud Community
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

vRA 6.2 - Multiple Network Profiles in a single reservation

I have a Reservation in my vRA 6.2.1.

this reservation was using a Network Profile which has all the IP Pools (IPs) exhausted now.

so any new deplyments started failing. now it was not possible to add more IPs (IP-Pool) since all the possible IPs are in use at the moment.

To meet the requirements, a different Network Port group was created, and a new Network Profile with different subnet IP range got added.

linked all this with Reservation,

but still deployment is failing. Since second Network Profile which is selected in the network pool is not being picked up at all, all the deployments which I am trying, are going on first network profile only and failing right away.

by using VirtualMachine.Network(N) serise of custom properties, I have managed to make it work but I need suggestions on some proper solution here.

If I go with current work round solution which I have implemented, it's going to pickup IPs for new deployments only from second network profile, while any IPs being returned to IP Range in old network profile will remain unused, and that's what I want to avoid.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

any thoughts?

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

Well, the problem that you're facing is not a vRA problem, it's a networking one.

If you're exhausting IPs, then you should move from (for example) a /24 back to a /23 or /22. There is no concept of "priority" for networks in the same way as storage. Because of that, we can't solve your problem in the way that you are trying to.

Grant http://grantorchard.com