VMware Communities
IamLittleBuddy1
Contributor
Contributor

Virtual Machine networking

All, I am hoping you can assist me as I have a very strange problem.   I am running two Windows 7 Virtual computers on a Dell e6540.  The one VM is 64 bit the other is a 32 bit OS. They both have 120 GB hard drives with 4 processors. The 64 bit OS has 8 GB of memory the 32 bit OS has 4 GB of memory. Both have a bridged and NAT connection.   Now due to the nature of what these VMs will be asked to do, I have a Netgear Wireless adapter AC1200 and a StarTech Gigabit Ethernet adapter connected to the physical machine but  communicating to the VMs via USB.  The wireless card is connected to the company wireless while the StarTECH USB gigabit adapter is used to connect to welders and other PLCs on the factory floor so the IP address of this unit will get changed.   So what happens is we will change the IP address for the StarTECH usb adapter and connect to the desired device that works fine no issues there, but when you completely disconnect you can still ping that device! Only after disconnecting the Net GEAR wireless adapter are you unable to ping that device (which is set DHCP)  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
0 Replies