VMware Cloud Community
aparrna51193
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Coredump file is active but configuration issue is not resolved

In newly deployed host, there is this configuration issue "no coredump target has been configured" and I have created a coredump file manually in my shared datastore. I have checked the status and the file is both active and configured. But I have the issue displaying in host summary. Do i need to reboot the host for effect?? Or Is there any other solution possible to resolve coredump configuration issue???  (Note: I have tried coredump partition. Still no progress.)

9 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

What are the coredump settings?

You can check with

$esx = Get-VMHost -Name MyEsx

$esxcli = Get-EsxCli -VMHost $esx -V2

$esxcli.system.coredump.partition.list.Invoke()

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

aparrna51193
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thank you Smiley Happy but even after configuring coredump partition and file settings, configuration issue is not resolved

0 Kudos
aparrna51193
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can I resolve this issue without rebooting host?

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Those lines do not configure the coredump settings, they just list the current settings.

Normally setting the coredump settings does not require a reboot afaik.

See also KB2004299

0 Kudos
aparrna51193
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ya. I have used the following commands to create coredump file in my shared datastore.

$esxcli.system.coredump.file.add($null, "datastore1", $true, "coredumpfile", 100)

file is also created in datastore and its active.

still configuration issue is not resolved

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Did you list the settings with the lines I sent earlier?

Can you share what it displays?

0 Kudos
aparrna51193
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I don't have a screenshot. Will share it tomorrow. Currently I'm in my home. but the output for coredump file creation is like this

Path                                                                              Active Configured

------------------------------------------------------------------------          ------ ----------

/vmfs/volumes/52b021c3-f6b3da50-4c76-001d0904c5a5/vmkdump/coredumpfile1.dumpfile    true  true    

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

That looks ok.
You did check that the path is correct?

0 Kudos
aparrna51193
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

yes. I did. Coredump files are both active and configured in my shared datastore. But still " no coredump target" configuration issue is not resolved. After rebooting my host the issue is resolved. I'm confused.:smileyconfused:

0 Kudos