VMware Communities
stalbaig
Contributor
Contributor

Guest OS resolution (text too small) in vmware workstation 12 player

I have a windows 10 host OS where I have installed vmware workstation 12 player. I have an Xubuntu as a guest OS (virtual machine).

The complication is: the text is too small in guest OS and almost unreadable.

The steps that I have already taken to rectify the problem are given below:

1. I have already installed vmware tools (which is confirmed by hovering on Manage -> Reinstall vmware tools).

2. I have tried to manually set the resolution in the vmware before starting the virtual machine (by manually changing it to 640 by 480 and then to other settings).

3. In vmware workstation 12 player, i cannot see the stretch the guest OS but I have tried to stretch the guest desktop in the guest OS.

Note: I am using DELL XPS 15 with 4k UHD.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciable. If I am unable to explain anything please let me know, I can provide more details.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator note: Product questions/issues should be posted in the relevant forum area for that product, this thread now moved to "Workstation Player".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
capcase
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue, searched web up and down. no luck.

Can vmware address this issue with a sense of  urgency?

what is the root cause? tons of people face the same issue.

please escalate the priority.

0 Kudos