VMware Cloud Community
legioon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dynamic Reservation Policy Issue

Hi,

I have interesting issue about Reservations. I am using VRA 7.0.1.

Firstly I want to set reservation policy when machine request time. Because I have a lot of cluster under vcenter and i created reservation policy per all cluster.

You can see my settings below, I can request blueprint succesfully but machine is being creating at different reservation cluster. My definitions are not working. Machine is going to another cluster inside randomly. Whats wrong ?

Cluster4.PNG

cluster3.PNG

cluster2.PNG

cluster1.PNG

0 Kudos
6 Replies
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

VirtuallMachine.Admin.Hostname doesn't correlate to the reservation policy.

Please take a look at this post to see how to set this up.

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
legioon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I know this post. But, i'm having some problems about __ReservationPolicyID. I try to explain what i mean ;

As you know we can create only one Property Definitions for one Property. I can create a property definition for __ReservationPolicyID as a ComboboxBut, I have a lot of reservation group and some business group must not see all reservation group in property. When i write all reservation policy ID in __ReservationPolicyID property, I can not seperate which business group can see own reservations. All business group can see all reservations. I don't want this.

I created different property definition for all business group and tried to send value to __ReservationPolicyID, but i'm getting error like this ;

A server error was encountered. Error requesting machine. Conversion failed when converting from a character string to uniqueidentifier.

Smiley Sad

You can see my setting below;

cluster6.PNG

Capture5.PNG

is there any way to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

This thread is going to really sound like I'm pushing my blog hard, but you probably want to do something like this. You'd need a top level input for the business group (we can't pass native properties to external actions right now) and then return the available reservation policies. That would then (annoyingly) need to map to the GUID as a separate property. Key/value pairs for external actions are being worked on and will allow us to solve this kind of problem more elegantly.

0 Kudos
legioon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i read this post but again i'm having some issues Smiley Happy

look my settings;

I can found my reservation policy ID ( __reservationPolicyID) according to network zone selection ;

capture10.PNG

capture11.PNG

capture12.PNG

capture13.PNG

But i'm getting same error ;

Error requesting machine. Conversion failed when converting from a character string to uniqueidentifier.

Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

Yeah, you can't directly feed the value through from custom.reservation to _reservationPolicyId. You'll need to do another switch statement.

0 Kudos
legioon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for your help, i found another solution. I seperated all cluster.

0 Kudos