VMware Horizon Community
kkelly87
Contributor
Contributor

Ability for Linux Client to Exit Upon Remote Disconnect

I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not it is possible to have the stock Horizon View Linux client exit upon being disconnected when the current user logs in to their desktop at another work station?

I thought the --once flag might work (and it does if you remember to click 'Logoff' from the session) however in a lot of cases our employees move around a lot and end up re-connecting to their desktop in another room. So for example:

Bob logs in while in room 105.  He does his work. Then leaves the room and moves down the hall to room 110. He taps his badge and logs in and is now at his desktop. The problem here is that the workstation in room 105 has not exited upon being disconnected from the remote desktop.

Is there a way to force this to happen or something we need to enable? Asking them to all remember to log out each time is going to cause a lot of push back and ultimately someone will forget and we'll have to visit each workstation left in that state.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
txiong
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi ,

I think you are asking question for Horizon client, but this form is for Linux agent.

As I know, the requested behavior is not supported now.

0 Kudos