VMware Cloud Community
Matthias33
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dynamic Types as Custom Resource in VRA 7.0.1, items not showing up

Hi guys,

Has anyone problems to get custom resources from dynamic types in the latest release of vra7?

I have a dynamic type in vro 7.0.1, it works, I can create and delete items, i can see them in the inventory. I can create a custom resource of it in vra, without problems, I can define a create workflow for it and publish it. I can request this XAAS service and it runs successfully, the new item shows up in the vro inventory, no error, no exception. But there is no item in vra, not even a category or any sign of it. No entries in the logs, just simply not there.

I double checked, that the XAAS Blueprint has the correct custom resource as output, I tested the output of the workflow itself, I tested the findById elements of the dynamic type, everything works.

Has anyone an idea, what I can try else? Or where I could look for errors, because in the infrastructure logs (and the vro logs) there is no entry regarding custom resources at all...

Has anyone created successfully a custom resource with dynamic types in vra 7.0.1, so I know, it should work, and it is my error?

Thank you Smiley Happy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Matthias33
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I finally found the problem. It was my error, of course Smiley Wink, but it is also very weird, so I try to explain it;

In the creation workflow of the custom resource I returned directly the outcome of the makeObject method, but that doesn't work for vra. I also tried to return the outcome of the getById-WF or of Server.getObjectByType, but the one and only valid return value for vra is the getObject Method of the dynamicTypesManager...

Thanks for the help Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

4 Replies
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

That sounds like a bug. I'm a little tight for time at the moment so can't validate this myself.

Can you log an SR and post the number here? I'll stay on top of it for you.

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
Matthias33
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I finally found the problem. It was my error, of course Smiley Wink, but it is also very weird, so I try to explain it;

In the creation workflow of the custom resource I returned directly the outcome of the makeObject method, but that doesn't work for vra. I also tried to return the outcome of the getById-WF or of Server.getObjectByType, but the one and only valid return value for vra is the getObject Method of the dynamicTypesManager...

Thanks for the help Smiley Happy

jasper9890
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Any chance you could post some of your code?  I'm trying to figure this out too.

0 Kudos
rmav01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for providing an answer to your own question on this thread. This helped us setup some dynamic type goodness on our environment.

0 Kudos