VMware Cloud Community
ViniciusCoelho
Contributor
Contributor

Vsphere replication is not appearing in Vcenter

After a reboot, my vsphere replication is not appearing inside my vcenter.

I already tried to unregister and generate a new certificate without success . I receive a password error.

I think the problem is the the vsphere replication.

What should I do?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
virtualg_uk
Leadership
Leadership

What version of VMware replication are you running and what version is your vCenter server running?

Are you accessing via the Web Client or Desktop Client?

To cleanly unregister the replication appliance running 6.1 , please try: VMware vSphere Replication 6.1 Documentation Center

Graham | User Moderator | https://virtualg.uk
0 Kudos
nettop
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

From another Tread where I had the same problem

"I had a similar problem after a new installation of vsphere vcenter 6.0 and vsphere replication appliance 6.1

on the vsphere replication appliance the vrm service won't start. when I put in the sso admin and password I received an error with wrong credentials. I know that i put in the correct credentials. After tree times of a complete new installation of both appliance I give up and go home.

I remeber that i had a problem with another product and a special character in password, so this morning lets change the password to one without % # $ and only with uper case, lower case, points as special character, and a number.

You dont believe me the service is running and up now!!!!

Vmware, please, why we need to have a sso password with special character when the appliance can't authenticate with it? why??

It takes me 5 houres of research and try for nothing!!

Because I was searching for a resolution I found ths tread, maybe it helps to someone.

don't let confuse yourselves about the view after you put in correct credentials an password, the appliance change the user name back to administrator@vsphere.local

after the service is started.

Greetings

Dominik"

I hope this helps you, depends on which version you've installed

And also you need to put in your sso administrator username as you've defined at installation.

It it does not work, reinstallation will be the fastet solution

Greetings

Dominik

0 Kudos