VMware Cloud Community
mtmorgan5656
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot connect Target Sites - vSphere Replication

I am hoping someone here can help me figure out a connection issue between my two VRM servers. 

Background:

After upgrading from 5.5 to 6.0U2, I had issues re-connecting Site Recovery Manager. Since SRM was not really in use yet (testing), I just decided to re-deploy it fresh from the ground up, including the vSphere Replication components.

After removing all replications, and un-registering the old vSphere replication appliances, I redeployed the latest OVA packages for the VRM’s.  All was well.  I updated the certificates to custom certificates from our enterprise CA, and placed the Root certificate into the /opt/vmware/hms/security/hms-truststore.jks file.  I then registered each VRM with their respective vCenters, and had no issue.

1.png

Both VRM’s show as Enabled and OK in the vSphere Replication area of the Web Client:

2.png

When attempting to connect to the Target Site the following error is received:

3.png

But then in the Task List, it completes successfully, and shows the connection, but with a Connection Issue error:

4.png

The following is the architecture of our PSC’s and vCenters, and each VRM.  All use SSL certificates from our enterprise CA:

5.png

There are no firewalls between any of these servers.

The HMS logs are attached here as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mtmorgan5656
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After I initially posted this, a new version of vSphere Replication was released.  After upgrading to the latest version, my problem magically went away.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mtmorgan5656
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After I initially posted this, a new version of vSphere Replication was released.  After upgrading to the latest version, my problem magically went away.

0 Kudos