VMware Cloud Community
Chrismo16
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

503 Service Unavailable on vCenter Windows Server Installation

After uninstalling VMware tools and reinstalling on the vCenter VM I am receiving the following error:

503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [class Vmacore::Http::NamedPipeServiceSpec:0000000001796860] _serverNamespace = / _isRedirect = false _pipeName =\\.\pipe\vmware-vpxd-webserver-pipe)

I see others having this issue with the VSA but I am not using the appliance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chrismo16
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

I was able to resolve the issue by resetting the Inventory Service db.

I followed this guide:

Resetting the VMware vCenter Server and vCenter Server Appliance 6.0 Inventory Service database (211...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Raj1988
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi ,

It seems you are unable to connect to vCenter using Web Client . What is the version of vCenter ?

Are you able to login to vCenter using the Thick Client ?

Please restart the web client service and check . If this does not help then provide the web client virgo logs .

0 Kudos
Chrismo16
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

I was able to resolve the issue by resetting the Inventory Service db.

I followed this guide:

Resetting the VMware vCenter Server and vCenter Server Appliance 6.0 Inventory Service database (211...

JAK201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Before doing something destructive, try restarting the services using the service-control command...

Open Command Prompt as Administrator

cd D:\Program Files\VMware\vCenter Server\bin

service-control --stop --all

service-control --start --all

I almost followed this resolution, but thought I'd try the stop / start command and that resolved my issue. (Restarting the Windows server did NOT resolve it. I had to restart the services manually)

JAK

0 Kudos
JAK201110141
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just a note, use the installation path on your vcenter server. (Obviously) Mine just so happens to be "D:\Program Files... "

so cd "installation directory\VMware\vCenter Server\bin" Smiley Happy

0 Kudos