VMware Edu & Cert Community
vSohill
Expert
Expert

vSphere 6 Foundations Exam

Hi

What is  vSphere fundations exam, is it VCP6 ?

3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It's an exam that appears in all 4 of the VCP6 certification requirements, and it's taken online (from home or work, not a testing centre) - you can learn more about it here: vSphere 6 Foundations Exam

So it you want to be VCP6-DCV, you pass vSphere Foundations and the VCP6-DCV exam. If you want to be VCP6-DTM, you pass vSphere Foundations and the VCP6-DTM exam. Existing VCP holders don't usually have to take it to achieve a new certification.

I'm moving this post to the VCP forum area rather than leaving it in the VCAP area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
vSohill
Expert
Expert

Thanks Scott,

Can I take VCAP6 after vSphere fundation exam?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

No, you'll need to get the VCP6 before you can get a VCAP6.

I suggest you take a look at this page for the path for the DCV certifications: Data Center Virtualization Certification Solution Track Page

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog