VMware Cloud Community
sparkysgal
Contributor
Contributor

VCSA 6 - VMware Tools power-on script did not run successfully - but it hasn't been modified

I've had occasion to restart our vCenter Server Appliance a couple of times this week, and the following error message has come up after the appliance has restarted:

The VMware Tools power-on script did not run successfully in this virtual machine. If you have configured a custom power-on script in this virtual machine, make sure that it contains no errors. You can also submit a support request to report this issue.

We have not made any changes to the script, so I am wondering if this is a defect in the appliance? To my knowledge, it has not (and probably shouldn't, right?) affected operations.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Naecu55
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have experienced the same issue, and it has been reported, as a bug here "VMware Tools power-on script fails to run successfully (2010481)". link below:

"VMware Tools power-on script fails to run successfully (2010481) | VMware KB"

I myself have not made any changes to the script, did you resolve eventually and if so can you confirm what steps you took?, as the KB resolution, does seem to tie in, with, as I haven't made any changes to the script, and it was just a simple reboot, as I occasionally turn my Homelab (guests) infrastructure off, if I put my physical hosts into standby mode?

Cheers,

0 Kudos