VMware Cloud Community
stromcooper
Contributor
Contributor

Connect-VIServer -AllLinked with Enhanced Linked Mode

I'm struggling to find an "AllLinked" solution for "Connect-VIServer" with Enhanced Linked Mode.  Our VC6 infra has 4x geographic VCs in an Enhanced Linked Mode configuration and we may add more VCs as time passes.  I'm trying to write a script that will connect to all ELM VCs by specifying one VC and the "-AllLinked" parameter, however it only connects to that one VC and specifies "is not part of a linked mode configuration".

Any solutions on how to connect to all VCs in Enhanced Linked Mode, short of naming each one?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
cpatidar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Please follow the below link to connect the VC's in alllinked mode : Connect-VIServer - vSphere PowerCLI Cmdlets Reference Example7

Example :

Connect-VIServer "Server" -AllLinked:$true

Let us know if you have any issue in connecting the VC's.

0 Kudos
irodebush01
Contributor
Contributor

From my understanding of Enhanced Linked Mode, the "-AllLinked" parameter unfortunately does not currently work as PowerCLI uses the same connection method as the vSphere Client (Desktop/C# Client).

"You can view and search the inventories of all linked vCenter Server systems within the vSphere Web Client. The vSphere Client does not support Enhanced Linked Mode."

- vSphere 6.0 Documentation Center

0 Kudos
cpatidar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

This is a bug, which is fixed now and will be available in the upcoming releases.

Note : Exact release dates are not shared.

Thanks,

Chetan

0 Kudos