VMware Cloud Community
wwstreet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Custom Hostnames

I have installed and configured the custom hostname module from The DailyHyperviser, works great I am using pick lists and have created my custom server names.  The problem I have is that when someone uses a custom host name for the first time it creates the server with just the name and no three digit number.  The second time someone uses that custom combo it creates the server with a three digit number starting at 002. For example, customname and customname002. I am using a three digit identifier because I don't want to risk using an existing name plus this is a great way for us to keep track of what names were provisioned by vRA.

Is it possible to hardcode in somewhere to start the numbering at say100 to ensure that first server always has digits appended to its name?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
darrenoid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello wwstreet,

It sounds like that is a question specific to the plugin. I would contact the plugin designer for help. Looking at the page for the plugin, at least for the vRA7 version it looks like there is a property that causes that to happen:

Custom.ComponentMachine.NoIndexOnFirst

Adding this property and setting the value to “true” causes the workflow not to add the index to the hostname on the first instance of each unique name.

Try adding that property and setting it to false.

Cheers,

Darrenoid

View solution in original post

1 Reply
darrenoid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello wwstreet,

It sounds like that is a question specific to the plugin. I would contact the plugin designer for help. Looking at the page for the plugin, at least for the vRA7 version it looks like there is a property that causes that to happen:

Custom.ComponentMachine.NoIndexOnFirst

Adding this property and setting the value to “true” causes the workflow not to add the index to the hostname on the first instance of each unique name.

Try adding that property and setting it to false.

Cheers,

Darrenoid