VMware Workspace ONE Community
Jason_Chud
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Are all Thinapp'd applications compatible for deployment via IDM/workspace ?

Hi,

Firstly, please excuse my limited knowledge using IDM. I have thinapp'd a number of applications successfully and they work a treat when launched, but encounter issues with some when rebuilt to use IDM for deployment. These thinapp'd applications deliver to the local desktop (C:\ProgramData\VMware\Identity Manager Desktop\thinapp folder) but fail to launch correctly. An example of one application is MobaXterm 9. My understanding is that, if a thinapp'd application launches and works correctly, it should be no different when delivered via IDM, is that correct ?

Environment :

Windows 8.1 x64 desktops

Thinapp 5.1

IDM client  2.4.1-3411811

Thanks in advance.

Jason

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

‌Correct, vIDM should not affect launch of the application packaged using ThinApp. But if you have found a case where it does please file a support ticket with VMware Support. We must take a look what is interfering..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

‌Correct, vIDM should not affect launch of the application packaged using ThinApp. But if you have found a case where it does please file a support ticket with VMware Support. We must take a look what is interfering..

0 Kudos