0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2016 8:34 AM by Sleepy John

VMWare ESX Version 3.5 - Production Server will not start - "no space left on device"

Sleepy John Novice

Hi,

Hoping that someone can please help.

We are running VMware ESX Server version 3.5.0 along with VMware Infrastructure 2.5.0

My Production Server ( all data shares for the company) will not boot. It's saying that it does not have the space.
      Our SAN is divided into two parts - VMFS1 and VMFS2. The Production server is on 1 and there are only 12 MB (ouch) of space left.
      I believe that we have three options - 1. add storage, 2. migrate a server to the other datastore, or 3. delete some files off of VMFS1

Within the VMWare Infrastructure client - there are no snapshots available to delete - but from a PUTTY window - there are several orphaned snapshots. Can I delete the production server delta.vmdk files? I considered moving one of the servers to the other datastores but there doesn't seem to be a 'migrate' option anywhere.Adding additional storage is unfortunately, not an option.

Any insight that anyone can provide would be very much appreciated. I can't get support for the product since it's deemed 'end of life'

Many thanks