VMware Cloud Community
Ajaiswal99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCenter shows all VMs and Host is disconected

Hello,

I have a two node cluster running ESXi6 U2 (recently upgraded from 5.5) on hp dl380p gen8. For some reason all VMs are running on host A (HA and DRS are enabled).  vCenter shows all VMs and Host A is disconnected. Can't login to Host A using vSphere client or web client.Can't vMotion the VMs. Can't enable SSH. DCUI login works fine. Can't perform any VM action  

All VMs are up are running at this stage. I don't want to restart the VMs. Can you please help me ?

Thanks,

AJ     

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ajaiswal99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The Frozen DCUI screen came back to life. Enabled SSH access, killed the running process. Host back up and running. 

Cheers,

AJ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Marmotte94
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Do you try restart your management network with DCUI ?

Regards,

Please, visit my blog http://www.purplescreen.eu/
0 Kudos
Ajaiswal99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi M

0 Kudos
Marmotte94
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Try reconnect your host and post your error message pleased.

Regards,

Please, visit my blog http://www.purplescreen.eu/
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Please try restarting the "Management Agents" (rather than the "Management Network") on the host.

André

0 Kudos
Ajaiswal99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

My team mate tried to enable SSH through

0 Kudos
ShaneIRL
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sounds like there is not a lot left you can do if DCUI is frozen. You might leave it some time to see if it comes back to life.

I presume your VMs are still healthy and operational? It could be some something like a LUN lock causing hostd to become unresponsive..

I would log a support call just in case there is anything that can be done.

At the least you will have an official support ticket to back you up but also you can investigate afterwards the root cause under same ticket.

0 Kudos
Ajaiswal99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The Frozen DCUI screen came back to life. Enabled SSH access, killed the running process. Host back up and running. 

Cheers,

AJ

0 Kudos