Enthusiast
Enthusiast

One VM constanstly RPO violation

Hello,

In our environment we have 3 sites

-Local site

-Remote A site

-Remote B site

All Local Site and Remote A site VM's are replicating fine, but with Remote B site we are constantly having it fall out of sync or getting a RPO violation (RPO set to 2 hours, total VM size is 64gb total size). I am unsure why, our network guy has stated that he has opened the pipe for it completely and it will still get the RPO violation. But it is so intermittent it's hard to understand what is going on.

Are there any logs or anything that can better help me understand why it is getting an RPO violation so frequently?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert

Yes, look here: Site Recovery Manager 5.5 Documentation Center

Have you tried increasing the RPO? Is it just a single VM on the link to site B that has RPO violations or all of them? Have you run the VM through the vSphere Replication calculator (http://www.vmware.com/vrcalculator) to verify what the bandwidth requirements for that link would be?

0 Kudos
aaronmiller85
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It is the only server on that 5Mbps pipe replicating (One of 3 servers in that environment). The bandwidth calculator says it's good for a 15 min RPO.

I've pulled the logs but I'm unsure how to read them exactly. They are TGZ files, I've unzipped them but I'm unsure where to start looking for information on my VM issues.

0 Kudos
Madmax01
Expert
Expert

Hi there,

i had this Condition for a Host where i forgot to activate the "HBR" in the Firewall Properties. Maybe same Issue for you too?

Best regards

Max

0 Kudos
aaronmiller85
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HBR is selected on the host, but thank you for trying to assist!

0 Kudos
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert

Given that it is working fine on your other link, I would suggest looking deeper with the networking team.

Regarding analyzing logs, I'd suggest opening a support case. If you do, please post here what you find.

0 Kudos
aaronmiller85
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Should I wait to pull logs when it's in an RPO violation state? Or will the logs I pulled yesterday (RPO violation was probably 3-5 days before that) work fine?

0 Kudos
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert

I would recommend asking support.

0 Kudos