VMware Cloud Community
coza
Contributor
Contributor

Inconsistancy between settings with GUI and WEB clients on Datastore Cluster VM overides

While playing/fixing VM override settings for Datastore clusters I have come across some seemingly inconsistent display of settings between the GUI and WEB clients.     Let me try and explain and please tell me if my interpretation is wrong.

In the Web client I have removed all 'VM Overrides' and 'SDRS setting'  for 'Default VM affinity' is 'Do not keep VMDKs together by default'

But in the GUI client on the same datastore cluster, the 'Virtual Machine Settings' has the setting 'Keep VMDKs together' for all the VM's in the cluster.

If I un-tick that setting for a VM it creates an 'VM Overrides' setting in the Web client that has the setting of 'Keep VMDK's together' as no.    Which is fair enough, I expect that.    

But since the default for the datastore cluster is to not keep the vmdk's together in the global settings why does it have the 'Keep VMDK's together' ticked in the GUI client?  When there are no overrides configured (in the Web client).     It makes it confusing what the setting actually is set to.   I assume I should trust that the Web client is correct and the GUI is wrong.    Can someone please confirm this for me.

Images for illustration

gui.JPG

web.JPG

web sdrs.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Reply
coza
Contributor
Contributor

Forgot to mention vSphere 6.0 build 3634793

0 Kudos