VMware Cloud Community
R_Brightwell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Problems Registering Cisco UCS Adapter

So, I've downloaded the UCS adapter .pak file and installed it.  When I go to configure it, I cannot seem to get the credentials correct for registering the UCS domain.  I get the error attached in the screenshot below.  I've tried multiple authentication formats, but get the same error.  All credentials have been confirmed separately.  I've got two separate UCS domains to register, but both provide the same error.

UCSAdapterCredError.JPG

With the UCS and vRealize credentials combined in this one registration step, its unclear where the problem lies (screenshot attached).  I get the feeling that the formats I've tried are incorrect. 

UCSAdapterCredsScreen.JPG

Google has been little help with this particular problem.  Has anyone else had this problem and have a good place to look for a failure log of some kind?  Or do you know for sure what format the credentials need to be provided in?

If it matters:

vROPS 6.2

UCS 2.2(2c)

Tags (2)
13 Replies
grhohertz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For the vRealize credentials, if you plan to use an LDAP authentication source, you will need to qualify the user with both the domain as well as the import source name.  So it would be:

user@domain@importsource

Import source is the name you gave to your LDAP source in vRealize Operations under Administration -> LDAP Import Sources (think it might be called "Auth Sources" in 6.2)

R_Brightwell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately using the user@domain@importsource format has made no difference.  On the UCS credentials, I've also tried ucs-[UCSDomain]\admin instead of just admin, but still get the same generic authentication failed error.

0 Kudos
jseide86
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've got the same problem, albeit on a different UCS version:

vROps: 6.2 Advanced

UCS: 3.1.1(e)

I suspect this is because the Cisco UCS Management Pack is not compatible with vROps v6.2 (as it's only certified working for v6.1 on the VSX site).

R_Brightwell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for your input.  Its good to know its not just me. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
JonesCameronM
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys,

I am sorry to see you are having issues getting the adapter configured. Are you using the Blue Medora UCS Management Pack? We do support vROps 6.2, so that should not be the issue.

If you have some time to jump on the phone, I would be happy to troubleshoot it with you. Feel free to email me at cameron.jones@bluemedora.com.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
jseide86
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@R_Brightwell,

Just wanted to let you know; I emailed Cisco support and asked for an updated version, and while it's not up on VSX yet, it is indeed available here:

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?i=!y&mdfid=286305108&softwareid=286305820&release=2...

Cisco UCS Management Pack for vRealize Operations v2.02

Compatible with vRealize Operations 6.1, 6.2

I'm just about to install it, I'll post results later Smiley Happy

Edit: Yup, works!

Naana
Contributor
Contributor

I am facing exactly the same issue with 2.2(6c) ucs firmware and 2.02 UCS management pack from Cisco.

Could you please clarify the username format you used to get it working?

0 Kudos
R_Brightwell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@ Naana

I've downloaded the 2.02 pak file and installed it, but it is not working for me either.  I haven't had much time to do a whole lot of testing, but I've tried a variety of logon formats without any luck.

Perhaps jseide86 can clarify what he uses?

0 Kudos
R_Brightwell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@JonesCameronM

Sorry, I didn't notice your reply earlier.  I wasn't clear about this before, but I'm using the free management pak from Cisco, not the Blue Medora version.

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Same issue here. I got the same error message with verison 2.02

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
brisbrain
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has succesfully got the Cisco UCSM adapter to work.

Getting the 551 authentication error.

Regards,

BP

0 Kudos
adamjg
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I got this working yesterday, UCS 3.1 and vROps 6.3.  I'm using a local UCS user and the format:

ucs-local\username

I'm having another issue where one host doesn't show up, but it does connect and pull in UCS information just fine.

0 Kudos
lukianp
Contributor
Contributor

its definately indicative of the ucs-local domain name. check in UCS what the local domain name is set and use that (case sensitive)

0 Kudos