VMware Edu & Cert Community
chintya123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Need to take VCAP6-DCV Deploy which is replacement of VCAP5-DCA

Hi All,

I am VCP5.5 certified and my certificate will be expired within 6 months from now.

Please guide me towards the completion path and what should be my next plan of action.

Should i upgrade my certification to VCP 6 and then go for VCAP6 DCV or its fine if i directly go to VCAP6 DCV.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Tejas Patkar

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

According to the certification paths shown on the mentioned web page, you either need to hold a valid VCP6-DCV, or a VCAP5 certification in order to do directly to VCAP6-DCV.

With your current VCP5-DCV certification, you need to get the VCP6-DCV certification before you can go for the advanced certification.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You can find information about the requirements at VMware Certified Advanced Professional 6 - Data Center Virtualization Deployment

André

0 Kudos
chintya123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you the reply however it says If you hold a valid VCP6-DCV certification but no advanced certifications then i can go for the latest exam.

My question is I have VCP5.5 valid certification, so should I need to upgrade it to 6 and then go for the latest one?

M I eligible?

Regards,

Tejas

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

According to the certification paths shown on the mentioned web page, you either need to hold a valid VCP6-DCV, or a VCAP5 certification in order to do directly to VCAP6-DCV.

With your current VCP5-DCV certification, you need to get the VCP6-DCV certification before you can go for the advanced certification.

André

0 Kudos
chintya123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Andre for the information, will follow that will get the VCP6-DCV completed.

Regards,

Tejas Patkar

0 Kudos