VMware Cloud Community
SamCasperson
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 6 free for commercial use?

Hello everyone

I am in discussion with my colleagues regarding the license for ESXi6 free edition and if its free for commercial use. I say that it is, but they disagree. I have been searching the VMware website for a document or statement saying that its free for commercial/business use. Is there a representative on this forum from VMware that can confirm that it is indeed free for commercial/business use, or can point me to a reference on the VMware website that states this?

Thanks,
Sam.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Paltelkalpesh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There is no any limitation related to CPU and Memory,only one limitation, you can create VMs with maximum of of 8vCPU per VM

please go through below link which may help you to understand ESXI 6 Free edition features.

VMware Front Experience: VMware launches vSphere 6 - What's in ESXi 6.0 for free license and white b...

0 Kudos
impranayk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You can use vSphere products for your Personal/Business use as 60 days evaluation period. Post that, have to purchase license as per requirement.

- Won't get VMware Support for during this Period.

- Backup APIs will not work in free license.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow me @ www.vmwareinsight.com
Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful

Pranay Jha | Blog: http://vmwareinsight.com
vExpert 2016/2017, VCAP5-DCD/DCA, VCP5-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCE-CIA, MCSE, MCITP
0 Kudos
impranayk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware End User License Agreements | VMware India

Backup solution for (free) ESXi

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow me @ www.vmwareinsight.com
Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful

Pranay Jha | Blog: http://vmwareinsight.com
vExpert 2016/2017, VCAP5-DCD/DCA, VCP5-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCE-CIA, MCSE, MCITP
0 Kudos