VMware Cloud Community
aamodei01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Report to Iterate through mutiple objects of same type

Hello and thanks in advance!

I'm trying to build some reports in vROPS, specifically I'm trying to clone and customize some of the OOB ones, but I can't figure out if it's possible to have the report iterate through all of an item.

Case and point for this is I like the "Datastore Average Latency (ms) Trend View Report" and I want to run it against all the datastores in my environment.

Is there any way to do this without running the report and selecting each datastore specifically? I have 800+ datastores and there is no way!

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Unfortunately the trend view will only show you one object at a time.  The list view can be used to iterate through a group of objects like you want, but it won't show a graph or trend over time, only metrics in columns.  An example report using a list view is "Datastore Disk I/O Diagnose List".  By using transformations in the list view you could show the min, max, and avg latency over a time period.  That might be something to start with... though not as good as the trend view. 

If you don't have a lot of datastores you could also create a dashboard that shows the desired graph/trend for each datastore (try using the metric chart widget) and then put that dashboard in a report.

0 Kudos