VMware Cloud Community
GMCON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Request Catalog Item with Provisioning request Not working after upgrade

I had used the workflow "Request a Catalog Item with Provisioning Request" workflow to create a workflow to be executed through a REST call with with vRealize 7 and vRO 7.  Everything was working before, I could request on behalf of a user in different Business Groups and it would use the right entitlement for the user that was inserted in the on behalf of.  Of course it would show as being submitted by the service account I used to connect vRO with vRA through the plugin.  Now after upgrading to 7.0.1 for all components this workflow is not working properly anymore.  If the service account I was using is entitled to Blueprints in more then 1 business group at a time then it fails.  Troubleshooting narrowed it down to that the service account would have to have permissions in the BG that user you are requesting on behalf of is part of but no others.  This is not how it should be. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

Sounds like a bug. Can you please submit an SR and send me the number so I can bump it up to engineering?

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
GMCON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This was confirmed as a bug and said a code change should be out in the next release.

0 Kudos
pizzle85
Expert
Expert

FWIW i'm doing exactly this with no issues in 7.0.1.

0 Kudos
Craig_G2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Just wondering if there was any follow up on this?

I *think* i'm running in to this issue with my current customer.

0 Kudos