VMware Edu & Cert Community
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

VDCA550

Hi,

Which exam VDCA550: VMware Certified Advanced Professional - Data Center Administration Exam is ?

I noticed that I can take that exam in Sep 2016 is it equivilant to VCAP 5.5 ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

‌It's possible that the Pearson system is not reflecting the retirement date - drop an email to certification@vmware.com to let them know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

VDCA550 is the exam code for the VCAP5-DCA certification: (VCAP5-DCA) VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5

As it says on the page I've linked to, the exam will be retired on June 2nd.

The newer equivalent certification is the VCAP6-DCV Deploy, which has it's own exam and requirements: VMware Certified Advanced Professional 6 - Data Center Virtualization Deployment

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
vSohill
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Scott,

I can book the exam after  June 2nd as Pearson VUE is that mean i can take a retired exam or something wrong with thier booking table ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

‌It's possible that the Pearson system is not reflecting the retirement date - drop an email to certification@vmware.com to let them know.

0 Kudos