VMware Cloud Community
ewarren
Contributor
Contributor

vRealize Operations Capacity Remaining as a report??

I have been tasked to find a way to get a report with "how much is left in a cluster" reporting for my management.

I know there's the dashboard under the Analysis/Capacity Remaining tab that shows"What Will Fit: X VMs of Average size, Large size, Medium Size, Small Size"

The question is if there is a report that can be generated to reflect this capacity remaining?

Thank you for your time and any help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

Yep you can create a view based on cluster compute resource and add those server sizes into the view. They are under summery in the metric list. you can then add the view to a report and pick the cluster or datacenter to run it on

I dont like them because vrops does not publish what it has calculated the server sizes as. They will be different per cluster

0 Kudos
ewarren
Contributor
Contributor

I've come to understand that the Standard license I have for VRops is unable to do custom reports.  Is there an out of box report to replicate this data?

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

Not that i know of. I dont know the limitations of standard licences but can you create custom dashboards and views? if so that will be your best bet

0 Kudos
MichaelRyom
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

So the std licens doesnt give you access to custom dashboards, but it does give you access to create a view, this will be the best option for you.

If you want a report there is "Cluster Capacity Risk Forecast", but the values are in percent and not VMs left.

You can create a view like this:   

pastedImage_1.png

The output will be like this, but you can modify as needed:

pastedImage_3.png

Note the "Metric label" can be changed to a more fitting description of the colum.

pastedImage_4.png

Also note the under "Content"->"Costum Profile" you can create your on profiles which can be part of the policy. The custom profile gives you the option to better decide how this VMs left shall be calculated, ie. based of allocation or demand or both. Fx. if you always deploy as a default 8vCpu and 16Gb ram to you SQL VMs you can create a profile spicifying that, so that on SQL clusters you know how many more you can deploy.

Blogging at https://MichaelRyom.dk
0 Kudos