VMware Cloud Community
SurajRawat
Contributor
Contributor

Need to Disconnect Host from one VCenter and attach it to another, Also import the VMs to the correct folder.

Hello All,

I am still a learner when it comes to the Scripting part. I am currently supporing a client who wants to completely migrate an VC from 5.5 to 6 and he wants to do it with a clean install of VCenter 6.

So we created a new Virtual Center 6.0.0 and We have already created roles and datacenters and the folder structure similar to the VC5.5. The problem here is that the VCenter 5.5 is configured on DVS and no stardard switches are available.

The problem now is that we need to move the hosts from the OLD VC to new one without having downtimes. Also there are not enough nic cards to create standard switches and migrate.

The one way that i have thought about is - Exporting the DVS config from OLD VC, Disconnecting host from old VC, Connecting host to new VC and then importing the DVS Config on new VC.

I wanted to know if this will work fine ?

Also if it does, does anyone have a script which will just disconnect the host from the old vc and add it in the new VC under the correct cluster ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Suraj Rawat

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vHaridas
Expert
Expert

This is duplicate question, I have answered it here - Need to Disconnect Host from one VCenter and attach it to another, Also import the VMs to the correc...

Please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful" replies. Thanks....!!! https://vprhlabs.blogspot.in/
0 Kudos