VMware Cloud Community
lfunk
Contributor
Contributor

Web Client Error vmware-csd webpage cannot be displayed IE 11 and Windows 7

Error trying to connect to the Vcenter web client using a non domain computer running Windows 7, IE 11, and flash 21.

Error appears after going to the https://serverFQDN/vsphere-client/

The site redirects me to VMware-csd://csd/?sessionId=............

Error: The webpage cannot be displayed

most likely cause: Some content or files on this website require a program that you don't have installed.

I have a new installation of VCenter Server 6, all on one box using the default Postgress SQL, OS 2012 R2

I have set up the domain CA to see the vcenter server as a subordinate CA and have added the CA to my non domain box as a trusted Publisher, ect.

So there are no certificate errors when accessing the website.

The website comes up fine on the server aside from this annoying popup for the login (No apps are installed to open this type of link (VMware-csd)).  I click on the login and it logs in fine.

The website comes up fine on a domain windows 7 with IE 9 even though 9 is not supported by VMware.

I turned the Windows firewall off for all settings on the server.

I tried turning on compatibility view settings, adding the site to the trusted sites, no luck.

So other than adobe flash, are their any other plugins/software requirements for the web client that I may be missing?

Any other suggestions/pointers?

Thanks!

Laura

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
lfunk
Contributor
Contributor

I may have found my answer after posting the question.

Since the environment is not attached to the Internet in any way, it is likely this security update that is the issue.

VMware KB: Logging into the vSphere Web Client using older versions of Internet Explorer 10 or 11 re...

0 Kudos
bruins4lyfe
Contributor
Contributor

I know this is any old post, however someone may revisit it. My resolution was to reinstall the Integrated Plug In.  It will then prompt  you to always ask when running this application and you need to  remove the check mark from this box so that it will never prompt you again. This was using 6.0.0 plugin. I hope this helps anyone in the future.

0 Kudos
Yco_
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, colleagues,

is there any recommendation to clear re-installation of Integrated PlugIn?

I have tried to delete it and installed it back without restarting of workstation, then with restarting of workstation. Later I cleaned up the registry.. and re-install PlugIn, again. But, nothing works. I can see newly installed PlugIn into Windows Programs, but there is still a trouble with my we browser. (Newest Firefox.)

What is also strange, because of solving of error message on the logon screen into browser, I clicked on the link located on the bottom of logon website and it offered me version 5.6, even we have got 6.0 vCenter installed. Error message disappeared, but I still wasn't able to use PlugIn. So, I installed also version 6.2, what is recommended into this VMware Knowledge Base , so I have got installed both of them, again. Still not working..

Please, let me know your experience. Thank you. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos