VMware Cloud Community
Scutlebutt
Contributor
Contributor

vRA 7.0.1 Install Issues

Hi Guys

anyone come across this issue before?

Failed to execute validation. Error: Internal Server Error (500)

Request:

GET https://vra.LoadbalancedFQDN/component-registry/services/registration/iaas-admin-rights-check

Response:

HTTP Status 500 - 403 Forbidden

Its killing me, all the validation checks came back as successful

What am I missing?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scutlebutt
Contributor
Contributor

Just to add a little more information to the post

all the certificates are correct

Time is in sync across the Appliances and IaaS hosts

username is fine ( I can log into the server using the hosts with it )

service account used is local admin and has been granted allow batch and run as service permissions

If I go to the URL in the error I get error 401. Authentication required

its almost as if though the wizard is not passing through the authentication that it configured in the SSO portion a few steps before

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

Which URL is it - the appliance or web server? Just want to make sure that you are providing the right credentials... I've stuffed it up many times.

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
Scutlebutt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mate

Thanks for the reply, I actually sorted out the issue by rebuilding the vRA and restarting the wizard

I did initially have a failure with the account being used did not have Log on as a batch right ( Even though it is a member of local admins and the group had this right enabled, pretty poor rudimentary check on VMware behalf but that's a rant for another post, seems like the check cant check the group membership. )

after the failure I reverted the snapshots back, made the appropriate changes and still had the same issue. It would appear that the appliance somehow caches the actions and even if you do make a change after the snapshots are reverted, the same settings are applied.

exact same parameters were enetered and it worked first go after the rebuild.

Either case upwards and onwards to the next stage

0 Kudos