VMware Horizon Community
arashbc
Contributor
Contributor

Powering up a VM with vGPU failed with error: "shared pci passthrough adapter is not supported with this license of the product"

Hi

I am setting up the VMware view, created the desktop pool with vGPU with no issue.

After making the Windows 10 VM and installing the OS, I added the Nvidia K1 vGPU Shared Passthrough PCI to the VM. But now VM is not powering up with this error: shared PCI Passthrough adapter is not supported with this license of the product

Any idea what is blocking the VM from booting up?

We have VMware Cloud Service Provider license. HA is turned off, DRS is auto, I tried the Overriding the VM from DRS and HA as well with no luck.

vSphere 6, View Horizon 6.1.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

What version of vSphere? I think you need to have Enterprise Plus to be able to use passthrough.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
arashbc
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, we tried that as well. But it shows the same error.

An error was received from the ESX host while powering on VM vm-012.

Failed to start the virtual machine.

Module DevicePowerOn power on failed.

Could not initialize plugin '/usr/lib64/vmware/plugin/libnvidia-vgx.so' for vGPU 'grid_k180q'

Shared PCI passthrough adapter is not supported with this license of the product.

0 Kudos
s0nett1
Contributor
Contributor

I am running into the same issue.  Did you find a resolution?

0 Kudos